Sturdy Ice Bath14-Apr-2010
Teams and physios are always looking for the best methods to help sport players recover from their grueling training sessions as quickly as possible. Sturdy Products Ltd, who are based in Blessington, Co Wicklow are here to help. We manufacture an Ice Bath which has become popular with many sports clubs such as Rugby, Gaelic Football and Soccer. The Sturdy Ice Bath facilitates faster recovery and minimise the effects of injury.
How does the Ice Bath work?
Getting into cold water in an ice bath causes your blood vessels to tighten and drains the blood out of your legs and arms. After about 10 minutes you begin to feel numb. When you get out, your legs and arms fill up with fresh blood that invigorates your muscles with oxygen. This helps the cells function better and recover quicker. Using an ice bath allows your muscles, bones, nerves, tendons and tissue to recover faster. So go on, take the plunge!
Advantages of using an Ice Bath
- The Sturdy Ice Bath is ideal for use after workouts, matches or heavy training sessions
- Handles act as a stability aid when entering & exiting the Ice Bath
- Unique textured surface helps prevent slipping
- Durable, long lasting container made from recyclable medium density polyethylene plastic.
- Fitted with brass connector for filling & draining
- Available in a range of colours to suit your sports club.